Advanced Graduate Completion Fellowship
**For Laney doctoral students
The Institute for Quantitative Theory and Methods is offering a 10-15 hour a week graduate fellowship beginning September 1st, 2018, funded by the Laney Graduate School (LGS).
The graduate fellow’s primary role is to collaborate with QTM’s director and affiliated faculty and staff on Institute projects, curriculum development, fundraising, and development and outreach-related activities that promote QTM’s mission. The graduate fellow will also interface and build networks with other departments and programs, predominately through events that promote interdisciplinary engagement among Emory’s graduate students.
Deadline for 2018-2019 application: Febuary 23, 2018
Compensation: This is a 9-month position paying $18,500, plus LGS student health insurance subsidy.
- Applicants must be full time students in a doctoral program, in good standing
- Applicants must be in candidacy at the time of application
- Graduate students in their 7th or lower year of graduate study at the time of application are eligible to apply
- Applicants may not previously have held an Emory completion fellowship
As you put together application materials, please consider how the department will evaluate applications.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a quantitative background
- Applicants should indicate their coordinating and organizational ability in the cover letter
- The quality of the applicant's academic performance will also be evaluated
Applicants should submit an application containing the following items:
- A statement of purpose / cover letter
- A curriculum vitae or resume
- An unofficial Emory transcript
All nominations and applications, including supporting materials, will be uploaded using ADMIT.
- Go to the admit system here: https://www.applyweb.com/emoryfel/index.ftl
- Create an ADMIT account if you need one, but your existing one will work
- Follow the upload prompts
- You will need to upload nomination or application items as pdf files.
Applications will be reviewed by the QTM faculty and staff. Applicants will be asked to give a brief interview before being selected.
Applicants will be notified by late March, 2018. Students must accept or decline internal Emory fellowships by April 16, 2018.
Contact Ann Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org