Statistics Help Desk
QuanTM is pleased to offer a statistics help desk service to Emory graduate students and honors undergraduates working on their honors theses. Our desk is staffed by a knowledgeable and friendly expert who is available both by appointment and for walk-ins. We offer one-on-one assistance with data set-up & analysis in a private office space. Office hours are held in Room 402 of the Modern Languages Building. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule appointments.
- Hours of operation for Summer 2017
- By appointment only
- Hours of operation for Fall 2016
- Tuesday 2 - 5 pm
- Wednesday 8 - 11 am
- Friday 8 - 11 am
- Help desk hours will not be held on the following dates: October 15-17th, 2017
Statistics Help Desk Position
Application review begins February 1st, 2017
The Institute for Quantitative Theory and Methods is looking for a graduate student interested in working part time—3 days a week for a total of nine hours a week—staffing a help desk. Responsibilities will include assisting graduate students and honors undergraduate students with statistical and potentially other quantitative issues in their research, data management, and research design. Proficiency with statistical packages is required. Knowledge of other computational modeling techniques is also desirable.
Compensation is $20/hour.
We will begin reviewing applications February 1st, 2017. Interested students should send the following items in PDF format electronically to IQTM@emory.edu:
- A cover letter
- A resume or CV
- An unofficial transcript
- Applications must include information on his or her training in statistics (and other quantitative methods), all statistical packages and other programming languages with which the applicant is familiar, and the applicant’s level of facility with each.
- Applicants should also note whether they are more familiar with observational or experimental data, or both.
- Please include “Help Desk” along with your full name in the subject line.
Questions? Contact Ann Powers at email@example.com